1. Vietnam has a stable and secure political system; a rapidly developing economy with the average growth of 5-6% over the past five years.
2. Vietnam's GDP increased by about 36% compared to 2020. It is estimated that the share of the digital economy in GDP increased from 8.2% to 9.6%.
3. Vietnam maintains its ranking in terms of EIA output (38th) and continues to improve its entry ranking by 02 places (from 62 to 60) compared to 2020.
4. The largest contribution to the industry's revenue came from the ICT industry, with the revenue in 2021 estimated at more than 136 billion USD, an increase of more than 11.4 billion USD compared to 2020. The main contributor was FDI enterprises with more than 117 billion USD.
5. 2021 also marked a strong growth in the number of ICT businesses. Vietnam currently has 64,000 digital technology enterprises, adding 5,600 enterprises since 2020.
6. Strategic position: It takes around 4 hours by airplane from Vietnam to reach over 50% of the global population. Vietnam is an important gateway to connect with over 250 million people in Mekong region (including Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar and the Southern provinces of China).
7. The large consumption market with 97 million people (ranked 14th in the world).
8. Vietnam is a reliable destination of many big IT corporations such as: IBM, Toshiba, Hitachi, NEC, Sharp, Microsoft, CSC, Cisco, HP, AVAYA, ShoreTel, etc.
9. According to data from the Ministry of Information and Communications, the number of mobile subscribers in 2021 is estimated at 123.76 million, including 92.88 million smartphone subscribers, accounting for about 75%. The revenue of telecommunications services in 2021 is estimated at 130,768 billion VND, up 2% compared to 2020. The rate of fiber optic cable coverage to households in 2021 is 65%, up 10% compared to 2020.
10. Vietnam is highly ranked in IT world map by prestigious consulting organizations:
- In the GII 2021 ranking, Vietnam ranked 44th out of 132 countries/economies (compared to 42nd in 2019 and 2020).
- According to WIPO's assessment in 2021, Vietnam's GII index has outstanding results in terms of market level of development, ranking 22nd, up 12 places from 34th place in 2020 – the highest ranking ever of Vietnam for this pillar.
- Among the 34 low-middle-income countries included in the GII ranking in 2021, Vietnam continues to hold the top position. Vietnam continues to maintain its ranking in the top 45 countries globally.
- Vietnam has been ranked 25th out of 194 countries and territories in the Global Cybersecurity Index 2020 (GCI) - the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
- Vietnam ranked 63rd out of 113 economies in digital environment and support system for entrepreneurs, according to an index developed by the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
- No.6 in The 2017 Global Services Location Index Top 20 (GSLI) (up 5 levels compared to 2016) - A.T. Kearney.
- No.1 BPO Pioneering destination in terms attractiveness - Cushman & Wakefield (2016).
- APAC’s Top 6 Primary Locations of Global Delivery Country Destinations - Gartner (2016).
- Top 10 Countries with The Most Engineering Graduates, according to World Economic Forum (2015).
- Top 2 Countries with The Most IT Workforce Fluent in English – EPI (2014).
11. The business operating expense in Vietnam is lower than China and other Southeast Asian countries.
12. The annual average growth of Vietnam information technology market is from 20% to 25%. The Government has committed to strongly support for the software industry and information technology in order that Vietnam would be among Top 10 leading countries providing software outsourcing services and digital content industry.