Electrical power has become indispensable to enterprises’ production and business activities. The investment in Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) system, marking an obvious advancement in science and technology-related applications, helps enterprises increase productivity, get the operation management better, and save time on collecting consumption data. The AMR system especially enables the customers and energy provider to access the accurate and updated data. With the constant development in technology, the need of automated meter reading system is also increasing. Thus that might be global trends shortly.
3G/Wifi – based AMR can be operated via Point to Multipoint, a model suited to manage AMR infrastructure using advanced technologies. The TCP connections between a server and Modem 3G/Wifi is controlled by the sole server. The easy setup solution can deal with some problems such as huge service areas, meeting the data speed standard of MDMS/IEC 61968-9 with a low-cost.
The system’s role
Quickly providing notification of alarm in cases of damaged reading meter and solving issues timely with no interruption. Simultaneously, the AMR system assists QTSC in predicting demand load in order to build load curve for each area and enterprise located in QTSC.
For customers purchasing QTSC’s electrical power, AMR helps customers track and manage real-time electric usage data easily (via Website). That will ensure the transparency in electricity purchases. Moreover, the AMR system can collect electric consumption in an hourly, monthly, yearly basis on request.
Image 1: Managing electrical parameters of each company
Image 2: Constantly updating the indexes of electricity
Image 3: Monitoring the situation of entire system
With the outstanding features, the AMR system brings efficiency in management, monitoring, operation such as:
- Limit the risks in recording electricity indexes
- Gathering and controlling consumption data from remote locations
- Saving time on importing data by hand
- Being easy to monitor, analyze the rate of power loss caused by electric energy fluctuation and load curve for effective management
- Improving the quality of infrastructure management of the central power system of QTSC
- Warning of potential problems (overcurrent, over voltage,...) based on collected data
- Continously updating the total of electric consumption (date, time, peak load, etc.) every 30 minutes
- Synchronizing the recording time
- Synchronizing with accounting software to shorten the payment time in an accurate way
Image 4: Customers’ daily electric output
Image 5: Customers’ electric output in monthly
In addition, the system also provides some advantages for customers in power consumption management:
- Controlling power loss
- Adjusting power consumption as efficiently as possible
- Anti-electricity theft
- Saving the labor cost in totalizing electricity indexes
- Tracking the system through a website more easily and conveniently
Image 6: Image of the AMR system
For more detailed information, please contact: