As a target to become Vietnam’s first smart city model, in 2017, QTSC has implemented series of technology applications to improve professional administration system, modernize working environment/wastewater, enhance customers‘ and investors’ satisfaction.
The environment/wastewater monitoring and management system
The environment/wastewater monitoring and management system (according to QCVN 14:2008), which has been launched since October, 2017 at QTSC’s concentrated wastewater treatment plant, aims to achieve the following results:
- Manage the quality of wastewater treatment in QTSC, ensure that urban wastewater is well treated before being discharged into the environment/wastewater.
- Control the monitoring process to make certain that the wastewater quality is always stable at level B according to QCVN 14: 2008
- Wastewater monitoring data is transmitted directly to the Department of Natural Resources and Environment of Ho Chi Minh City in accordance with regulations.
- Constantly control (24 /24h) treated wastewater quality before being discharged into the environment/wastewater based on 11 major elements: COD, BOD, oil, TDS / conductivity, TSS, pH, temperature , Ammonium, Nitrate, Sunfua, phosphate, flow.
- Quickly troubleshoot whenever treated wastewater is not up to standards.
- Improve automaticity of wastewater monitoring with advanced and modern monitoring methods.
- Provide reliable, immediate and continuous data so as to promptly detect problems related to treated wastewater quality.
In particular, the environment/wastewater monitoring and management system is built in synchronization with QTSC’s automatic tree irrigation system. All treated wastewater is reused to irrigate greenery in QTSC, forming a closed circle. It helps limiting the use of groundwater for irrigation, saving the cost of operating wells, thus promote QTSC’s image as a modern and smart software park, as well as a pioneer in applying and providing new technology solutions in environment/wastewateral management. This system will also create opportunities to develop businesses in environment/wastewateral management applications for provincial Departments of Natural Resources and Environment; premises that have large volumes of wastewater; industrial parks and concentrated export processing zones in the whole country.